Expertise in labour law
- 6 lawyers working in the field of labour law
- Working together in a team
- Linked with other law firms across the nation
You can contact our labour law team
via phone +49 (0)30 - 2649470 or
via E-Mail at RAe[at]robe.org
What we are about
- Upholding the rights of employees
- Supporting the rights of works councils in the private and public sectors
- Improving working conditions
- Equality and non-discrimination in the workplace
- Effective representation of employees and works councils as well as middle and higher management positions in legal conflicts with employers
- We are qualified partners for works councils in financial and technological questions
Services for works councils
- We advise and represent works councils and representatives of the severely disabled in all contexts and before the courts
- We take into account the whole situation in the work place, in the company and in society at large, bringing our whole experience of different industries to bear in negotiations for workplace/company agreement
- We offer works councils support in connection with operational reorganisations and reorganisations of work places and businesses
- We work together with trade unions
- We train works council members in all aspects of labour law
- We advise employee representatives on the supervisory board
- We are advisers to works councils on arbitration boards in a wide variety of fields
Advice and representation
- Representation in all labour law disputes in court, for example dismissals, fixed-term contracts, salary classifications
- Out-of-court representation vis-a-vis your employer, for example in negotiations about severance agreements, the enforcement of claims for wages and holiday as well as protection against discrimination at the work place
- We also advise you in all other labour law matters, for example in connection with contracts of employment, testimonials and written warnings
Outside our practice
- We regularly publish articles
- We seek to influence the legislature in cooperation with various commissions, working groups and networks
- We keep abreast of developments by participation in regular professional development courses, are part of a nationwide network of employment lawyers, and are in demand as lecturers to academic and professional audiences
- Included in the “Focus” list of “Germany’s top employment lawyers” for Berlin:
Attorney Betz (eight times to date: Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2017, Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2016, Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2015, Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2014, Focus-Spezial Oktober 2013, Focus vol. 45/2004, Focus vol. 47/1999 and Focus vol. 47/1993),
Attorney Baumgart (four times to date: Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2017, Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2016, Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2015, Focus-Spezial Oktober/ November 2014) and
Attorney Dr. Görg (Focus-Spezial Oktober 2013).
- Wolfgang Betz took first place in the Wirtschaftswoche ranking for employment lawyers in 2009.
- Dr. Axel Görg was included in the fields of employment law and company law in the Handelsblatt rating “Germany’s top lawyers 2016”.
Training Courses and seminars
We regularly offer training to works councils on all questions of works council law and on labour law as it relates to individual employees.
Should you need a basic training course or a seminar on a particular topic for your works council, just let us know.
Member of the Lawyers‘ Employment Law Network
Law firms linked through the national Lawyers’ Employment Law Network are outstanding for length of experience in employment law as it relates to individuals and collective bodies. They concentrate on consistent representation of employees and works councils in the public and private sectors.